Who are we?
Our website address is https://www.judithstrongdesign.co.uk. Judith Strong Design: an independent curtain and blind maker, a supplier based in South London.
Personal Data Held
- Our overriding principle is that we treat all personal data as confidential.
- We comply with all relevant legislation including the DPA & GDPR. Our Data Protection Officer is responsible for implementing policies to ensure legal compliance and to ensure that we maintain the high standards of confidentiality, privacy and security necessary to maintain the trust of our customers and all others with whom we work.
- The great majority of personal data we gather is required to fulfil our services. For customers and potential customers, we gather the data relevant to processing their orders and managing accounts such as name, address, email, phone numbers and website. This data is provided by our customers, suppliers and other affiliates related to providing the services.
- Reflecting the diverse nature of our customer base and the other contacts with whom we work, we hold ‘company contact’ and ‘private Individual’ information relating to the legal/billing entity with whom we trade. We also hold ‘person contact’ data relating to individuals within the organisation with whom we interact. (NB, where we trade with a private individual, the company contact data, maybe the same as for the personal contact.)
- We typically obtain data directly from our customers and contacts by phone, email or in person. We also obtain data from websites, enquiries, responses to marketing campaigns and publicly available sources. Third parties provide personal data such as where we are engaged by an agent on behalf of their client; in this case, we check that consent has been provided by the subject to share the data.
- We do not hold data on children.
- Personal data and consent information is held primarily on our GDPR compliant systems and subject to our policies and safeguards. Judith Strong Design (JSD) and our third-party system providers offer very high levels of system security. The providers are contractually required to manage all data following demanding confidentiality agreements.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
Suggested text: If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.